Politely stolen from `Ravenswd (because you can politely steal things, just FYI).
1. When did you start writing?
When I was 11 or 12. Ish. I started writing seriously when I was 17, after I realized I wanted to be a writer by profession.
2. When you were a beginning writer, what did your write primarily? What do you write now, primarily? (i.e. romance, fan-fiction, poetry)
I wrote a lot of fanfiction when I started out, specifically for Inuyasha, but then I went straight to fantasy. However, I write a lot of soft science fiction now as well.
3. How often do you write?
I would love to say daily, but every other day would be more accurate. I need to work on my consistency.
4. When is your favorite time of the day to write?
During the day or the morning, which is weird. Back in the day I would've said in the late-late hours, when all humans except insomniacs sleep. Now, however, I wake up when the sun's still up, and it's nice to write when I have the house all to myself.
5. Do you have a writing muse? If so, who/what?
My dreams are the closest thing to a muse I have, I guess.
6. What is your most popular lit piece?
On dA? It's that character personality creator thing (that I admit I never once used).
Outside of dA? Probably Dominant Race.
7. What is the piece you are currently writing?
Nothing for dA, though I owe three pieces for my derp kiriban. I'm working on a short story for publication and a novel, New Fate, which is the sequel to Dominant Race, so. Busy, busy.
8. What is the piece you most recently finished?
That short story that's going to be published.
9. What piece are you most proud of?
Hmm. Here on dA? Probably The Phoenix's Revival. It's the oldest piece I've written and not deleted from dA, haha.
The Phoenix's Revival I heard their screams. They sounded like dying animals, helpless, numbered. Doomed. And I watched, equally helpless. I watched them kill my sons clones one by one.
In the beginning, I controlled the worlds most prominent scientists. In the beginning, I changed the course of human history. How ironic then that humanitys downfall started with my wifes simple wish.
Claudia wanted children, and I wanted to make an infertile woman pregnant. It seemed easy enough. I had the technology, the money, and the power. By the end of the year, Mason was born. I had a son, an heir to my fiscal legac
10. What piece are you most disappointed in?
The character personality creator. I keep it up because others seem to find it useful, which is rewarding.
11. From all of your stories, who is/are your favorite character(s) and why? (try to limit it to 3)
Currently they're all from New Fate.
Marcus: the MC of the story. He's got some issues and was a challenge to write, since he's incredibly quiet by nature and rarely speaks what he actually feels.
Edwin: a major character in the story. He goes through the most radical changes in opinion, actually, and pushes a lot of the action forward.
Maya: one of the two major bad guys. I normally don't like my baddies, but her story is pretty sad. Let's just say she might not have been a baddie had certain events in her life not happened.
12. What is the best compliment you ever got on your writing?
I was told my writing was entertaining and unique. That meant the world to me.
13. What is your main goal with writing?
To make a living as a writer, to entertain people. That sort of thing.
14. Have you ever been published?
Yes. I've had a short story published and am self-publishing currently. I know that has a stigma, but I still consider it a valid form of publishing.
15. If tomorrow you learned that you would never be able to formally publish a story, would you still write?
Of course! Writing is a big part of my life, regardless.
16. If you could get a Daily Deviation on one of your lit pieces, which would it be?
I don't know, whichever the person suggesting things felt deserved it.
Now tag 5-10 people to do this meme. But be nice about it.
I tag every writer and/or artist (since you can do this as an artist if you just switch out a few words). Have fun.